Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I trip and fall for no good reason at all.

"Never be afraid of what lurks in the dark....just turn on the light." -P.Joe

I am guilty of stumbling through the dark in order to find my way to my destination instead of simpling turning on the light. I mean this embarrassing confession in both the literal sense as well as the metaphorical.

For those who know me well tend to notice that I keep to myself on what is going on inside my brain. There are not many people I spill my guts to, and for the most part, that is okay. I have always been that person to figure things out without someone having to tell me what to do. However, the problem with that is that I have to force myself to ask for help when I need it. I become so accustomed to people coming to me with what is going on in their life, that I forget that I have to right to ask for help as well.

In the same way, when I get overwhelmed, I tend to just freak out on the inside instead of just going to the one person who knows everything that is going on. I know that all I will have to do to calm down is turn on some worship music, pray, and listen; yet I dance around the solution and stumble through my semi-depression spells. That I must say, is no fun at all, yet I do the same thing almost every time.

So here I am telling everyone that I am going to do my best to stop tripping and falling in the dark, and just rely on the Light--that's why it is there to begin with right? (:

No comments: