Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm slowly learning...

There are some things that really drive me crazy. For example, one of those things is that I am a seasonal friend in people's lives. What do I mean? I mean that no matter how hard I try, most people are only close to me (friendship-wise) for a short period of time.

I have made many friends in my day; yet there are very few who I am still close with. I have also realized that my friendship with the seasonal ones has been at rough moments in their life, and soon after they find their barrings, or turn down the truth, we lose touch.

THIS IS SAD FOR ME! It also doesn't help that I overly care for people in general, so every time I make a friend, losing them is difficult!

However, I was praying about some stuff last night, and I realized something. If at any time in any friendship I have made any difference for the good, then is not my pain worth it? Everyone has to sacrifice something at some point, so could this be my constant sacrifice for the greater good? Maybe, maybe not, but that is how I am going to look at it.

Believe me, viewing it as "maybe I was just suppose to be there to help them through something" beats just dwelling on how much I go through friends, any day.

Ps: No, this does not mean that after a certain amount of time I give someone the boot. lol. Also, this does not mean that I do not have best friends, it just means that I understand the fact that 90% will not be in that place next year--sadly.

No comments: