- Playing card games with the family- This is pretty self-explanatory right?
- Being in Michigan- I love Michigan and being here is pretty refreshing. However, as much as I love the people here, doing school is deathly difficult. Also, this humidity is just not working for me. (Like Florida is any different eh?)
- Cooking on the grill- Tonight's dinner was grilled sweet and tangy pork chops--so good! I definitely have a new favorite recipe and if you would like it click here. (: Ooh, minor changes though--I added 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the glaze, and because my pork was boneless, I cooked it a minute less on each side.
- Writing- I have actually written three new poems since I have been in Michigan and it feels good to be doing so again. I haven't yet decided whether I will share these with my readers yet or not, but we shall see.
- Michigan friends- I have really enjoyed spending time with my Michigan family, and I excitedly looking forward to the time I still have left here.
- Good movies- Tonight I watched The Edge of Darkness; it was actually pretty good! I honestly really liked it, minus the fact that the actors need to learn to speak more eloquently. I still don't understand why Hollywood thinks it needs to use the F-word explicitly--or at all.
- 21 Days After Camp- This is a devotional that was given to me at camp and I am loving it! I love when leaders care about you even when you aren't at their camp.
- My Memaw- She's just cool.
- Little comments that make you think- Last night I was introduced to someone by my grandma and in doing so they said, "It is nice to meet you, I've heard good things about you." I honestly want to not only know what they've heard, but who they have heard it from. Not that I am complaining of course, I'm just curious.
- My best friend- I know she seems to make it into every "Things I Love Thursday", but I cannot help the fact that she is so great. I remember worrying about losing touch with her, but now I know that it just isn't possible. haha. :D
- Mulberries- I tried my first mulberries today and I just have one question: Why do they call it a "bush" in "Pop Goes The Weasel" when mulberries grow on a tree?
- This- Ah, it made my day and will make yours too! I was laughing probably more than one should at something like this. :D
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Things I Love Thursday.
I am so tempted to turn this into a "Things I Hate Thursday", but since this is suppose to be a positive thing I won't. Let's get started eh?